enX Group Limited, formerly Austro Group Limited, has been listed in the JSE’s “Industrial Engineering” sector, “Industrial Machinery” sub-sector since 2007. Austro’s name originated from the woodworking machinery business, Austro Proprietary Limited, its sole asset at the time of listing in 2007. The group subsequently acquired the power businesses and has recently acquired an oil lubricant business which represents Mobil and ENI in sub-Saharan Africa. Following these major changes in the composition of the group, the board elected to change the name of the group to better reflect the group’s new composition and the direction in which it is heading. The name enX is an acronym for Energy Exchange and it highlights the board’s intention to refocus enX as an energy and industrial supplies company servicing sub-Saharan Africa.
enX is a diversified industrial group that provides quality branded industrial, petrochemical, and fleet management and logistics products and services.
enX is organised into the three business segments as follows:
enX Equipment (“Equipment”):
- EIE provides distribution, rental and value added services for industrial and materials handling equipment in South Africa, other African countries, the United Kingdom and Ireland (“UK”). EIE in South Africa is the market leader in materials handling and the sole distributor of Toyota Forklifts, BT warehousing equipment and Konecranes heavy duty forklifts and container handling equipment in Sub-Sahara Africa. Its UK operation, Impact, is the exclusive distributor for Cat Lift Trucks and Konecranes heavy duty forklifts and container handling equipment in the UK and Ireland (“EIE”).
- New Way Power manufactures, installs and maintains diesel generators as well as provides temporary power through Genmatics. It distributes of a range of industrial and marine engines and components through PowerO2 which is the sole distributor of John Deere and Mitsubishi industrial engines in South Africa (“Power”).
- Austro distributes professional woodworking equipment, tooling, edging and provision of associated services such as blade sharpening and equipment maintenance. It is the sole distributor of Biesse equipment and Leitz tooling in South Africa (“Wood”).
enX Fleet (“Fleet”):
- Eqstra Fleet Management and Logistics business (“EFML”) provides a full spectrum of passenger vehicle services including leasing, fleet management, outsourcing solutions, maintenance, warranty management and vehicle tracking solutions. It also provides fleet management solutions for commercial vehicle fleet owners and logistics solutions. Its footprint is in South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa. The EFML’s commercial vehicle operations are supported by a nationwide network of workshops and panel repair shops.
enX Petrochemicals (“Petrochemicals”):
- Centlube and African Group Lubricants (“AGL”) produce and market oil lubricants in South Africa. They are the sole distributors of ExxonMobil lubricants (excluding marine and aviation).
- West African International (“WAI”) and enX Polymers distribute plastics, polymers, rubber and speciality chemicals into Southern African. They are the sole agents and distributors of ExxonMobil chemicals in South Africa.
enX has a proven track record of acquiring quality industrial assets that have strong market positions, represent leading global brands with committed customer partnerships. We instil entrepreneurial management to drive returns through the disciplined allocation of capital. enX was founded in 2007, operates in fourteen countries and has over 2400 employees.